Friday, March 05, 2010

GMs Day Yesterday

Yesterday was two years to the day since the passing of Gary Gygax.  I should have posted yesterday about this, but in all honesty I spent my time after work doing gaming-related things. Which I think is the way it should be.

I don't think I really need to big up the influence that Mr Gygax has had on my life - there are lots of other blogs and web pages out there that do that a lot better than I can, but I would just like to encourage anyone reading this to play some kind of game in the next week - whatever it is!

As for me, two days ago I took part in a Call of Cthulhu adventure, yesterday evening I was building terrain boards for wargaming and role-playing. Tonight I shall be printing out and building card-stock scenery and this weekend I plan to try and talk my wife into a couple of games of Munchkin. I've also got a game of Warhammer 40,000 scheduled for the middle of next week.

The anniversary of Mr Gygax's passing is becoming known as GM's Day - a time to celebrate your GamesMaster or whatever you call the person that organises your games.  To celebrate this a number of publishers at RPGNow are offering 25% of their games. I should say I'm just a happy customer of RPGNow, not linked with them in any other way. I took advantage of the sale to fill up on some more card-stock PDFs from Fat Dragon Games and I'm really looking forward to building some of them tonight!

God Bless You, Mr Gygax, and I hope you're rolling in your grave in the best possible way! :)

Prince Azalea.

No comments: