Monday, March 01, 2010

Games that help you Game

I've just finished writing a review of the Victory At Sea rules by Mongoose Publishing that I hope will be included in issue 4 of Irregular Magazine.

Whilst I do not want to preview that review here, I do want to say how impressed I am with a Victory At Sea in the specific of being a wargame rulebook that includes a comprehensive set of counters at the back of the book that can be photocopied.  This allows you to copy the counters, then dive straight in and give the rules a go without having to assemble miniature fleets in advance. Its a game that helps you game! I like any game that helps you play, rather some games you come across that seem to actively hinder your ability to play!

If you know of any other wargames that are as easy to get straight into, I'd be interested in hearing about them, if you'd like to comment.

Prince Azalea

No comments: