Saturday, February 27, 2010

When does 'many' become 'too many'?

I met up with a gaming friend last night who moved away from my city at the beginning of the year to study for an MSc. Apart from having a good chat and a catch-up over a cup of tea, he had decided that he needed to reduce the amount of things he'd left at his parent's house and wanted to pass onto me all of his 1/72 minis that he's collected over the years, because he knows I'll use them and play with them. Which, to be fair, is quite true.

Now that is quite a lot of 1/72 minis! I was flattered and pleased and of course I insisted he accept a fair amount for them to at least help a litle with his studies. I was also really quite pleased that when I got home my wife was already in bed and I was able to quietly secrete these minis in the garage!

But for those who are already familiar with how full my garage is (part 1 and part 2) I had to wonder if my garage could cope with this influx. After stending a few hours tidying up today, I now think my garage will be fine this time, but it got me thinking about how many miniatures are 'too many'? I have plans and projects for everything in my garage - and for everything that my friend passed onto me, too, now. But will there come a point where I will really need to do what he's done and cut down on my collection?

For now, I think the answer is no. But one day that day might arrive and how will I chose what to pass on?!

Prince Azalea

No comments: